14.7.08

A Day in my Life - July


6:30 Got up and woke Paula, sending her to the bathroom for a shower. The windows where open all night and it is chilly. So I snuggled up to bed for another 15 min or so.
Made breakfast for the girls (Cereals, Instant Cappucino and Cookies) and woke up Helene at 7:00.
Made sandwiches for school, choose some clothes for Helene to wear and made her hair. They left home about 7:40 and I had a shower myself, took a cup of coffee and some leftover cake from yesterday in front of the computer. Having a quick blog round during my own breakfast and starting this post.

8:45 Made the beds, changed Helenes sheets and picked up a piece here and something there and gave the appartment a general clean up.

At 9:30, I went out to the municipality. Last week I recieved a letter and a form about my sewing business. I had to answer a few questions to fix the business tax I had to pay.
After that, I visited some shops in my neighbourhood. The clothes shops have their seasonal sale and a lot of stuff is reduced. Found some Jeans for the girl which makes me happy. The old ones became a little short over the summer and as we have no school uniforms in Germany, they normaly need al lot of new clothes when term starts again in September.
Back home, I hang up some washing, cut out the pieces for the (hopefully) last costume and boilled 2 eggs for lunch.


Helene arrived 10 min after 1pm. We had lunch, she examined the clothes, I bought for her and the we had to leave for the dentist.
Helene has broken a piece from her front tooth.
Home again, she started with homework, Paula arrived at 3:30 pm and after a little chat about school she vanished into her room and I started some sewing on the prince.


This is what the girls did after homework. Very busy until bed time. They made only a little break for Dinner at 7:00pm. We had some fish and potatoes and zucchini. I planned to make something with noodles but unfortunately haven't got one in my stash so I had to improvise from the freezer and the fridge.





Now, I'm blogging this and carry on with sewing for a hour or two befor going to bed.

Sorry, dass ich heute nicht in Deutsch schreibe, aber das Kostüm sollte möglichst heute noch fertig werden. Vielleicht schaffe ich morgen die Übersetztung.

2 Kommentare:

Ann hat gesagt…

Hello, nice to read about your day again.
I am glad my children have to wear a school uniform - I can imagine disputes with my daughter if she had choice, and she is only six!
Your girls do good colouring in.

A happy heart at home hat gesagt…

Your girls did lots of coloring!

Thanks for sharing your day. I posted my day, too.

~Susan