14.4.08

A Day in My Life - April


Last month, Jenny came up with the idea of recording every 14th of a month in her blog and invited her readers to join in. I thougt, i`d take part of it too, because it was so interesting to read all the postings around the world and maybe someone is interested in mine.

I´m up at 6:45am wake up the girls. Stefan is already gone at this time. He leaves house ar 6.30am or earlier. The girls and I are mostly grumpy in the morning and he enjoy a quiet morning without his familiy.
After making breakfast (Cereales and Juice or Cappuchino) and Sandwiches for school, I made Helenes hair and recall Paula several times, not to dwadle around they left at 7:40am for schoool. Both girls have 5 minutes to go. School starts at 7.55am.

Had a quick shower, made me a coffee an some weetabix and started a first round on my favorite blogs while I had breakfast.
Called my husband for a "good morning" and payed some bills.

Then I cleaned up my kitchen, made the beds and started the washing machine untill 10am.
Left home for a walk to bring back our weekend movies to the video shop, bought some fish for lunch, stopped by the drugstore for some toothpase. We had a little drama in the morning because every member of this family has a different kind of toothpaste and Helene refused to brush her teeth with her sisters as hers was empty.
I took a bag, I haven`t been using for ages and look what I`ve found. Shells from our holiday in Italy last September.



I met a friend on my way, who asked me for babysitting this evening and we had a nice chat on the street.

Helene came home from school at 1:00pm as usual and we had some homemade Fishburgers for Lunch.
She didn`t needed me for her home work so I spent the most part of the afternoon with taking pictures and upload them on ebay.
I cleared my studio during the last weekend and found a lot of paterns and magazines for toddlers and smaller children, I think, I didn`t need them anymore.
In between I had a nice chat with my best friend on the phone and suddenly it was 6.00pm.
I forced Paula into learning English because there is an test in this subject on Thursday. Emely, my friends daughter arrived and i started cooking for dinner. We had some kind of Red Pepper-Potato-Goulash created by stuff from the stash.
We had Dinner at 7:00 and Emely was collected afterwards.



Now, the kids are into bed and I`m struggling through this post, hoping, my English isn`t to bad and unreadable.
And after that, I´m joining Stefan on the couch for one episode of "Bones" before sleeping.


Letzten Monat hatte Jenny die Idee, jeden 14. eines Monats in ihrem Blog zu dokumentieren und ihre Leser zum mitmachen aufgefordert. Ich fand es ziemlich interessant, mich so durch die ganzen Blogs zu lesen und habe deshalb beschlossen, auch mit zu machen.

Also, aufstehen um 6:45, Mädchen wecken, Frühstück (Cerealien und Saft bzw. Cappuchino) machen. Der Stefan ist um diese Zeit normalerweise schon weg. Er hat morgens gerne seine Ruhe und wir sind alle ein bischen Morgenmuffelig. Da gehen wir uns lieber aus dem Weg. Pausenbrote machen, Helene frisieren und Paula mehrfach dazu auffordern , nicht zu trödeln. Um ca.20 vor 8.00 sind sie dann weg. Beide haben ja nur 5 Minuten Schulweg.

Danach habe ich kurz geduscht und mich mit Kaffee und Cornflakes erst einmal zu einer morgendlichen Blogrunde an den Rechner gesetzt, mit dem Stefan telefoniert und ein paar Rechnungen bezahlt.

Nach dem Frühstück habe ich die Küche aufgeräumt, Betten gemacht und die Waschmaschine angeschaltet.
Anschließend, so gegen 10 Uhr bin ich zu Fuß los umd die Videos vom Wochenende zurück zu bringen, Fisch fürs Mittagessen zu kaufen und in die Drogerie zu gehen. heute Morgen hatten wir nämlich eine kleine Zahnputzkrise, da die Zahnpasta von Helene alle war und man keine andere verwenden kann. Warum auch immer. Jeder in dieser Familie braucht eine andere Zahpasta.....
Auf dem Weg habe ich eine Freundin getroffen und ein wenig geratscht. Sie hat mich gefragt, ob ich heute Abend Babysitten kann.
Dabei habe ich eine Tasche genommen, die ich schon ewig nicht mehr benutzt habe und was habe ich gefunden? Muscheln vom letzten Italienurlaub.

Helene kam dann um 13 Uhr wie immer nach Hause, wir hatten selbstgemachte Fischburger zum Mittag und da sie mich heute mal nicht zum Hausaufgaben machen brauchte, habe ich fast den ganzen Nachmittag mit Bilder machen und Schnitte bei Ebay einstellen verbracht.
Dazwisschen hat noch meine beste Freundin angerufen und wir haben eine Weile miteinander telefoniert.
Ratzfatz war es Abend (18 Uhr) und die Emely zum aufpassen da.
Ichhabe dann noch die Paula zum Englisch lernen genötigt, da sie am Donnerstag Schulaufgabe schreibt und Abendessen gekocht. So ein improvisiertes Paprika-Kartoffellgulasch aus den vorhandenen Vorräten.
Nach dem Essen wurde Emely wieder abgeholt, meine Mädels sind inzwischen auch im Bett und da der Stefan die Küche aufgeräumt hat, bin ich für heute jetzt fertig. Werde mich zu ihm auf Sofa gesellen und noch eine Folge "Bones" gucken vor dem Schlafengehen.

3 Kommentare:

Cathy hat gesagt…

Hello there

As you say it's nice to hear about life in other parts of the world

Thanks for sharing your day with us

Take care
Cathy

Ann hat gesagt…

Hi,
Nice to read about your day far away from me! Thank you.
Ann.

Kez hat gesagt…

Fantastic to read about your day. I had a great time testing my brain trying to translate your German (your English was great!) - but it's been over 20 years since I learnt it at school!

Tschuss!