14.8.08

A Day in My Life - August

Oohps, I nearly forgot, today is the 14th. So, once again, I'll tell you about my day.

Had a uncomfortable night. Helene insisted on sleeping in our bed after watching "The Spiderwick Chronicles" yesterday evening. It scared her a bit.

We are in our second week of summer holidays an my day is a bit different from normal.

Plans for today:

Get up early, do some housework, prepare everything for a friends visit. We intended to do some sock yarn dying in our backyard, having a good long chat and doodle around with some fabric. Agnes also likes to sew and knows a lot about patchwork, so we have always a nice chat about that on our meetings.

Reality:
My alarm woke me up at 8 am. I switched it off and turned around. Got up at 8:45am, put some rolls in the oven for breakfast and had a shower.
Called the girls for breakfast (fresh rolls with butter and marmelade or honey and juice). During we ate, the phone started to ring: a friend called, told me, she feels sick and asked Paula to come around and watch afer her two year old daughter for a while. Next call Agnes, she's also sick, caught a cold and called of our meeting.
Next call, another friend, invited us for coffee this afternoon. I promised a cake.

After breakfast, I hung up some washing, started another mashine. I made an upside-down pineapple cake. A recipe, I brought with me from my exchange of students to france 25 years ago. Sorry, I forgot to take a photograph, it's been finished up really quickly.
After that I started tidying up the kitchen and the rest of our apartment.
When Paula came back from Babysitting, she made Lunch. One of our favourite summer meals. Noodles with tomatos, mozzarella and basil, mixed with a tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.


By the way, I usually didn't talk about blogging with the kids but when I made the picture from Lunch, they both asked me imediately, if today is "the day" the 14th.
In the meanwhile, I hoovered the apartment.
After Lunch, I did more washing and up-hanging. Here a picture, Helene made from the laundry hanging at the attic.


At 2:30 pm we're left home for visiting our friends. Not the best point in time. I burst into some serious house renovating discusions.
The kids also didn't played well together, so we left soon and drove to the video rental shop for another movie. During the holidays, we often watch DVD's in the evening. Especially when the weather is not really warm and summerlike as at the moment. We haven't got a real TV, but a LCD projector and a DVD player. My husband is a home cinema freak.
So, we had Dinner (homemade French fries and chicken nuggets and italian antipasti instead McDonalds, which would have been Helenes choice) in front of the screen watching "High school musical". No excuse for Helene to slip into my bed tonight.
Now, I'm writing this post while Stefan is cleaning up the kitchen and whish you all a good night.

1 Kommentar:

B. hat gesagt…

Sounds like a wonderful day and the meal looks great!